Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Drake & Josh

I didn't have cable until high school, but my grandma did. So whenever I went to her house after school, I frantically flipped through the channels until I found an episode of "Drake & Josh," which was pretty much on for 24 hours a day. "Drake & Josh" was my late middle school/early high school obsession.

This show was about two guys who had just become stepbrothers, and putting Drake Bell and Josh Peck together made for comedy gold. They had great chemistry, and the show had great one-liners like, "I ain't calling you a truther!" or "I hope they cancel Oprah!" I love sassy people and sass in general, and this show had it in abundance.

The only thing that could have ruined the show for me was their spawn of Satan little sister, Megan. I always thought the parents just needed to cave in and give her a good spanking, but I guess she occasionally had her redeeming moments. Sometimes she would use her evil powers to help Drake and Josh out of a scrape, so I guess that makes her alright in my book.

Most of the shenanigans the brothers got into was pretty unrealistic, but that's what made the show so good--it was far-fetched and it was entertaining. Watching "Drake & Josh" was an escape. Stressed out? It could be worse: you could be in a Drake & Josh situation. I sometimes felt bad for Josh, who was the responsible kid, when Drake would make bad decisions and get them both into trouble, but things always worked out in the end.

I've been happy to see that the guys are still friends and aren't afraid to nod to their past. And a big kudos to Josh Peck for surprising us all and turning out to be hot.


7 comments:

  1. I never had cable back home, so I would watch this show at my grandma's too - and I loved every minute of it.
    "And a big kudos to Josh Peck for surprising us all and turning out to be hot." Hahaha, so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love your comment at the end about Josh Peck (no one saw that one coming)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TV show younger siblings are just the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are TV show younger siblings always so bratty and horrible? Oh, TV...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Googled Josh...he has "aged nicely" as my mother would say. Kind of like Patrick Dempsey, he was goofy looking when he was a teenager and look at him now! And it's probably a good thing you didn't have a younger sibling Kate. I'm noticing a theme of animosity towards them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother and I discussed the possibilities of what it would have been like if I had siblings. We came to the conclusion that the world is a much safer and healthier place without multiple me's running around.

      Delete
  6. We didn't have cable, either (still don't), so at one point we had my grandma record shows for us on VHS (in the VCR days): shows like Sue Thomas FB Eye, Doc, Ponderosa, Bonanza reruns, and later Monk and Psych.

    ReplyDelete