Thursday, February 20, 2014
That '70s Show
It was a simpler time--not just the decade the show was set in (I wasn't even there), but when the show itself was on the air. People tuned in regularly to follow the high school misadventures of Eric Foreman (played by Topher Grace) and his best friends--Hyde (Danny Masterson), Kelso (Ashton Kutcher), Jackie (Mila Kunis), Fez (Wilmer Valderrama) and Eric's on again off again girlfriend, Donna (Laura Prepon).
Everything about this show was great--the vintage outfits, the music, and the jokes. There were more dramatic times like when Eric and Donna would go through a rough patch, or when Eric left the show and got replaced by that random obnoxious guy with the pouffy hair, or even Jackie switched partners and dated pretty much every guy on the show except Eric.
But the jokes were hilarious. There were motifs that showed up frequently--the circle, the stupid helmet, the moving wallpaper in the background when one of the characters was...out of sorts, the daydream or fantasy sequences, and everyone always trying to figure out where the heck Fez was from.
The show had so many amazing guest stars--Marion Ross, Joseph Gordon Levitt (yum), Amy Adams, Jim Gaffigan, Alyson Hannigan, Betty White, Seth Green, Jessica Simpson, Luke Wilson, Lindsay Lohan, Bruce Willis, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Brook Shields, do I need to go on? No.
The cast was fantastic and had amazing, flawless chemistry. Eric and Donna were the cutest couple ever, the friendships between the different characters were just plain endearing, and the relationship between Red's parents, Red and Kitty, was charming. Everything was great until the pouffy-haired guy tried to replace Eric and ruined everything. What was his name? Oh yeah--Randy! Stupid Randy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Topher Grace. Yessss. I need to find the episode that featured Jim Gaffigan. I bet that was hilarious!
ReplyDeleteAgain, never really watched this show, but I've obviously heard a lot about it. Definitely a favorite of many.
ReplyDeleteGreat show! Did you know that it takes place in Wisconsin, which makes it even greater! Did you know that Kelso and Jackie are together in real life...I think I read that they are expecting their first child.
ReplyDeleteHahaha, "Stupid Randy" made me laugh! :D
ReplyDeleteAgain, I have never seen this show but want to at some point! I love your voice in this, especially with the "Stupid Randy."
ReplyDeleteI feel like the shows you've watched have helped shape that great wit of yours! Keep up the diversity!
ReplyDeleteI never watched this regularly, but I have seen reruns and will say that it can provide a good laugh now and then.
ReplyDelete