I think most girls in their 20s know and love this long-winded mother daughter pair. This show is one of a kind, mostly because of it's witty and notoriously fast dialogue.
There is plenty of soap-opera drama that happens involving the girls' love lives and Lorelai's rocky relationship with her parents, but most people stick around for the fast-paced banter between the characters and the shower of pop culture references sprinkled through the script.
The story is set in the fictional town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut. It's the classic American small town where everyone knows everyone, the guy who owns the local restaurant has the orders of everyone who walks through the door memorized, and secrets are kept as long as it takes for one lady to shuffle to her neighbor's house to share the newest gossip.
The Gilmore Girls have moved on since the show closed in 2007 to bigger, but not necessarily better things (that is, at least in the minds of hardcore fans). Lauren Graham, who played Lorelai Gilmore, the mother, now stars on the TV show "Parenthood." Alexis Bledel, who played Lorelai's daughter, Rory Gilmore, has since starred in several movies like "The Kate Logan Affair," "The Conspirator," and "Post Grad." They may have moved on, but we will always remember them fondly as the Gilmore Girls, roaming the streets of Stars Hollow.

I haven't seen Lauren Graham or Alexis Bledel in anything I liked more than Gilmore Girls. They'll always be Lorelai and Rory to me. I wasn't a fan of the last season [I think production switched hands that year], but everything else was delightful, especially the fast dialogue.
ReplyDeleteI agree--the last season had a weird feel compared to other seasons. I think you're right, they did switch up the producers and it kind of ruined things.
DeleteI didn't have TV growing up, so I missed out on a lot of shows. I've never watched more than a few minutes of this show here and there, but it always seemed good!
ReplyDeleteI love Gilmore Girls!! If Stars Hallow was a real place I would totally visit. Another great part of the show is the Rory turns into a journalist (Yay!).
ReplyDeleteI've heard a lot about Gilmore Girls, but never seen it. Honestly, the only thing I know about the show is that Jared Padalecki (Supernatural, anyone?) acted on it at one point. So I definitely think I need to check it out!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen Gilmore Girls, but I'll have to add it to my ever-growing list of media to consume!
ReplyDeleteMy FAVORITE show ever!!!! Everyone needs to watch this show. Watching the 7th season now so I can "graduate with Rory."
ReplyDeleteI have never seen Gilmore Girls, and, unlike Lauren, I won't have to add it to my ever-growing list of media to consume. :)
ReplyDelete